A Tribute to Edwin van der Sar


Just got home from training

Every day so draining

Got to sit down, take a rest from the sport

Imagination sets in

Purty soon I'm singin'

Doo, doo, doo, sortin’ out my back four


Awful shot from Gibson

Dimi’s reading Ibsen

Wes Brown’s making daisy chains and Nani’s on the floor

Taking a short throw-in

Injures Michael Owen

Doo, doo, doo, sortin’ out my back four


Giggs is playing left-back

And we’re losing to West Ham

Upson looks exactly like a spoon

Doo doo doo

Win the league tomorrow

Today I have no sorrows

Doo, doo, doo, sortin’ out my back four



Seven mil for Bébé

And Evans can’t defend

Can’t we pick a side based on current form?

Doo doo doo

Kuszczak out of position

I’ve got no competition

Doo, doo, doo, sortin’ out my back four



Xavi’s pass to Busquets

Ando’s eating biscuits

Look at all the crowds of people feeling so forlorn

Bother me tomorrow

Today I'll buy no sorrows

Doo

Doo

Doo

Sortin’ out

My

Back

Four.



2 comments:

  1. "Awful shot from Gibson
    Dimi’s reading Ibsen"

    One of the best couplets I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius. John Fogerty needs to see this.

    ReplyDelete